Overview of Role:
We are seeking experienced seismic processing and depth imaging specialists (with 5 plus years of industry experience) to join our growing and energetic project teams in delivering high-quality seismic services to the oil and gas industry. There is an opportunity for long-term career progression and increasing responsibility as technical and project management skills development.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated to work in a fast-moving and high-tech work environment, have the capacity to work independently with careful attention to detail, and demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills. He or she should have several years of practical experience in seismic processing ideally with depth imaging knowledge too. Be self-sufficient and proficient in implementing all imaging tasks and workflows with a comprehensive understanding of all technologies deployed. Experience of OBC or OBN would be beneficial. Skilled in dealing and working with clients, able to QA / QC less experienced members of the team.
To deliver the highest quality products to both internal stakeholders and external clients, with minimal supervisory management.
Together with Team Manager, experienced Geophysicists are expected to take on a technical leadership role within their project teams.
- Managing, preparing, and ensuring quality control of, geosciences data to support seismic processing and depth imaging projects
- Seismic time processing and depth imaging of 2D and 3D, seismic data (from field data to final product) including design of processing flows; selection and testing of processing parameters; velocity interpretation and model building
- Preparing, running and managing production workflows on the company computer system and resolving any issues that may arise during a production run
- QA / QC of technical workflows, processing results, new/updated software and processing tools, client presentations, project documentation for team projects, and technical and QA/QC procedures
- Managing the implementation and timelines of assigned projects; preparing project reports and presentations, and participating in project meetings (where appropriate), for both internal and external clients
- Assisting with the management of client relationships for team projects, holding and running meetings
- Helping to supervise and manage the work of junior and technical support staff
- Performing other related tasks as assigned by the Team Leader
- Comply with the Company’s HSE regulations and policy
- Cooperate with supervisory and management personnel to ensure the Company’s safety responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Geology / Geophysics / Maths / Physics, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of practical work experience in a seismic processing/depth imaging team
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, Linux and/or Unix, and industry processing/depth imaging tools; basic scripting and/or programming skills
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in English
- Organised and able to produce accurate work
- Motivated to complete assigned responsibilities within set deadlines
- Applicants must have the legal right to work at the time of submitting their applications.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying