DUG is an Australian-based technology company at the forefront of high-performance computing.
At DUG, we design and operate some of the largest and greenest computational systems in the world. DUG offers high-performance computing as a service (HPCaaS) through its DUG McCloud platform. https://dug.com/hpcaas/
With deep roots in software development and big data processing in the exploration of oil and gas, DUG is now growing and expanding its HPCaaS offering to the research, education and engineering sectors.
DUG HPCaaS is available to any industry such as astrophysics, chemical, physical and structural modelling, genomics and bioinformatics, machine learning, meteorology, image processing, to name but a few.
DUG is looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Manager with strong business acumen to successfully expand the DUG HPCaaS customer base on the east coast.
The ideal candidate will possess both a technical background that enables them to interact with software developers and a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges.
- Identifying, developing and closing strategic HPC opportunities
- Implementing the DUG HPC sales strategy and representing the company in a professional manner
- Working closely with customers to ensure they are successfully using our HPCaaS offerings
- Identifying solutions, providing presentations, developing/supporting RFP response and proposals, and negotiating contracts
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support client needs, including HPC Technical Experts, IT, marketing, finance & legal to ensure processes are in place for flawless execution
- Identifying industry trends, conducting market analysis, providing insight on competitive landscape and pricing strategies
- Developing innovative marketing and merchandising initiatives to support growth
- A self-motivated, result-orientated individual, passionate about winning new business
- Ability to engage in consultative discussions with clients, establishing needs, opportunities and cross-selling
- A proven ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- A work ethic based on a desire to exceed customer expectations
- Impeccable professional references
- Working knowledge of HPC and software development tools and technologies
- Experience working in the education, scientific and/or research sector
- A background or interest in some branch of science
An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying