Overview of the role:
Seismic data processors and/or depth imaging specialists with comprehensive technical understanding and experience in their geophysical discipline.
To deliver the highest quality products to both internal stakeholders and external clients, with minimal supervisor management. They will be responsible for the execution of technical workflows, QA / QC, supervision of junior staff and project management.
List of Responsibilities (not necessarily exhaustive):
- Managing, preparing, and ensuring quality control of, geosciences data to support seismic processing and depth imaging projects.
- Seismic time processing and depth imaging of 2D and 3D, land and marine seismic data (including design of processing flows; selection and testing of processing parameters, velocity interpretation and model building).
- Preparing, running and managing production processing work flows on the company computer system and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Managing the implementation and timelines of assigned projects, preparing project reports and presentations, and participating in project meetings (where appropriate), for both internal and external clients.
- Helping to supervise and manage the work of junior and technical support staff.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned by the team leader within set deadlines.
- Comply with the Company’s HSE regulations and policy.
- Tertiary qualification in Geophysics / Maths / Physics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Previous practical work experience in seismic processing / depth imaging.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with Linux and / or Unix, and industry processing/depth imaging tools, basic scripting and/or programming skills.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
- Organised and able to produce accurate work.
- Motivated to complete assigned responsibilities within set deadlines.
- Applicants must have the legal right to work at the time of submitting their applications.
At DUG, it’s not always about work. We prioritise the wellbeing of our team. Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary with rewarding profit share distribution
- 25 days annual leave
- Company-contributed pension plan (non-obligatory employee contribution)
- BUPA health and dental care plan (individual and family)
- Cost reimbursement for commuting to work
- Flexible hybrid working model
- Active social calendar
Note: Please be advised that an offer of employment will subject candidates to pre-employment screening, including but not limited to (depending on role) verification of your right to work in the respective location and the provision of applicable qualifications, registrations, licences and criminality check. The final appointment is contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying