DUG is running some of the largest ethernet fabrics in the world along with many intercontinental high-bandwidth links.
If you want to develop your network engineering experience to the next level in terms of the scale and diversity of equipment supported, then this role might just be the right one for you. DUG operates a diverse network with multiple vendors and to top it off, you get to work with some of the most powerful and greenest supercomputers on Earth.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the smooth operation of these networks, along with the configuration of multi-vendor routers, switches and firewalls so experience in a system integration environment with multiple vendor products is preferred.
Some hands on experience with the following is required:
- IP network Routing and Switching.
- Network L2 technologies such as stacking, VLAN, trunking, LACP, LAG, MLAG, 802.3ad, 802.1Q.
- Network L3 technologies such as BGP, OSPF, L2VPN, L3VPN, VXLAN, NAT, IPSec.
- Network Transport technologies such as MPLS, VPLS.
- Network security technologies such as network-based firewall policies, NAT, IP blacklist/whitelist, site to multisite route-based VPN, remote access VPN, transport VPN.
- Comfortable to read and interpret network traffic decoders such as wireshark, tshark.
- Understanding of optical network cabling such as single mode fibre, multi mode fibre, transceivers and their capabilities.
- VOIP skills are good to have.
- Experience with data centers and HPC.
- Exposure to various network vendors.
- Monitor network performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Configure and install various network devices including NICs, switches, routers, VPNs, drivers, IP, layer-3 routing -- everything networking-related.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Produce processes and documentation for teammates to perform routine network tasks.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors and service providers.
- Automate deployment of network device configuration.
- Serve as level-one/two support for networking-related issues.
- Periodically providing on-call support i.e. working closely with other team members outside of the normal office hours.
- Implement the best set of engineering processes and practices.
- Undertake special assignments, ad-hoc projects and related duties as and when required.
- Comply with the Company’s HSE regulations and policies.
Please be advised that an offer of employment will subject candidates to pre-employment screening, including but not limited to (depending on role) verification of your right to work in the respective location and the provision of applicable qualifications, registrations, licences, National Police Clearance, and COVID-19 vaccinations evidence. The final appointment is contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying