Overview of Role:
We are seeking experienced land seismic processing specialists (with 5 plus years industry experience) to join our growing and energetic project teams in delivering high quality seismic services to the oil and gas industry. There is opportunity for long-term career progression and increasing responsibility as technical and project management skills development.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated to work in a fast-moving and high-tech work environment, have the capacity to work independently with careful attention to detail, and demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills. He or she should have several years practical experience in land seismic processing; depth imaging knowledge would be a benefit. Be self-sufficient and proficient in implementing all pre-processing tasks and workflows with a comprehensive understanding of all technologies deployed. Experience of OBC or OBN would also be beneficial. Skilled in dealing and working with clients, able to work well within a team environment.
To deliver the highest quality products to both internal stakeholders and external clients, with minimal supervisory management.
Together with Team Manager, experienced Geophysicists are expected to take on a technical leadership role within their project teams.
- Preparing, and ensuring quality control of, geosciences data to support land seismic processing and depth imaging projects.
- Seismic time processing and depth imaging of 2D and 3D, land seismic data (from field data to final product) including design of processing flows; selection and testing of processing parameters; velocity interpretation and model building.
- Preparing, running and managing production workflows on the company computer system and resolving any issues that may arise during a production run.
- QA / QC of technical workflows, processing results, new/updated software and processing tools, client presentations, project documentation for team projects, and technical and QA/QC procedures.
- Preparing project reports and presentations, and participating in project meetings (where appropriate), for both internal and external clients.
- Assisting with the management of client relationships for team projects, holding and running meetings.
- Helping to supervise and manage the work of junior and technical support staff.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Comply with the Company’s HSE regulations and policy.
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. in Geophysics / Physics / Maths / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of practical work experience in a land seismic processing/depth imaging team.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with Linux and industry processing/depth imaging tools; basic scripting and/or programming skills.
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English.
- Organised and able to produce accurate work.
- Motivated to complete assigned responsibilities within set deadlines.
Please be advised that an offer of employment will subject candidates to pre-employment screening, including but not limited to (depending on role) verification of your right to work in the respective location and the provision of applicable qualifications, registrations, licences, National Police Clearance, and COVID-19 vaccinations evidence. The final appointment is contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying